Localicious is back!
- Mahalo to Grace and the HAWAII NOW KGMB/KHNL/KFVE for featuring Chef Ronnie Nasuti
Localicious Hawaii! is back again and we are supporting the cause! They promote participating restaurants who are committed to buying local and features a “Localicious Dish”. During the month of March buying, that dish supports AG education in our public schools (Veggie U Kit). Every “Localicious Dish” ordered, the restaurant will donate $1!
Localicious Hawaii is a part of the Hawaii Agricultural Foundation whose mission is:
“to support and sustain Hawaii’s agricultural industry by addressing critical needs and services of farmers and the agricultural industry in Hawaii, and by better connecting the farmers with the community and vice-versa. This involves educational and outreach programs in the community, as well as direct marketing, technical, educational and in-the-field support for farmers.”
Our goal is to at least raise $500, which will go toward adopting a school wanting a Veggie U kit. The kits will help teachers in our public schools inspire young future farmers!
- Maui Nui Venison, formed to a patty ½ pound
- Sweet taro bun, toasted 1
- Local lettuce 1 leaf
- Red onion, slice 1 slice
- Hau’ula tomato, sliced 1 slice
- Huna sauce (housemade 1000 island dressing) 1 tbsp.
- Dill pickle chips 5 slices
- • Sear or grill (we sear them) venison patty with salt & pepper to medium rare or medium.
- • Toast the Taro bun
- • Apply huna sauce to top bun sauce.
- • Build with venison, lettuce, tomato.
- • add avocado or cheese & bacon if you want.