A different, delicious recipe you must try for St. Patricks Day!
With St. Patricks Day coming up soon, I’m bringing back a delicious and different recipe you must try! As always, I have a wonderful time (despite being up very early in the morning) with Kitchen Creations on Hawaii News Now.
This trip to the Hawaii News Now Kitchen, we cooked up RUEBEN SPRING ROLLs with Guy Hagi!
The beef we used was provided by Kunoa Ranch that has many great options and a fantastic message and belief that whenever possible the food eaten in Hawaii should be born, raised, and processed here!
Kunoa currently ranches 2,000 head on 4,000 acres of Kauai and Oahu pastureland. Much of our land is former sugarcane plantation land, which has either been fallowed or more recently cultivated by some of the world’s largest seed companies. This presents us with an opportunity to demonstrate the power of regenerative grazing to build soil, store carbon, restore hydrologic function to the landscape, and protect our marine habitats from runoff.
Our herds are a genetic rainbow of English, continental, and hot-weather breeds that have adapted to the Hawaii micro-climates over many generations. We are continually refining our animal’s underlying genetics by introducing new bulls and managing our breeding cows based on their calf performance. Our goal is to continue to shepherd healthy, sustainable herds that support the land and produce the delicious, healthy beef Kunoa customers expect.
Feel free to snag the recipe below!
- Corned beef, cooked to instructions 1#
- Sauerkraut, prepared 1 cup
- Swiss cheese, shredded or julienne 1 cup
- Spring roll wrappers As needed
- Vegetable oil, for frying As needed
- Milk, whole 1 cup
- Butter 1 tbsp.
- All purpose flour 4 tsp.
- Salt Pinch
- Guinness beer ¼ cup
- Sharp cheddar, shredded ½ cup
- Pepper, fresh cracked 4 to taste
- Cook the flour & butter over medium heat for a couple minutes.
- Add milk & beer, whisking to keep smooth and let it come to a simmer.
- Pull the corned beef meat into threads or chop up.
- Add the Swiss cheese & sauerkraut, mix well.
- Roll about ½ cup of mix into a spring roll wrapper sealing with a little egg.
- Pan fry in 3/4 of preheated oil cooking until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with cheddar cheese sauce.